Thursday, April 2, 2015

Mod Squad Challenge

Tick Tack Toe

My friend Kathy Krug is hosting the challenge this week at the Mod Squad.
She has really give us some interesting choices in what she calls TICK TACK TOE!
all you need to do is to create a card using one of the lines in this grid.  Sweet!

I have chosen the middle horizontal line.

Embossing, Die cut, Coloring Markers
http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com/

Here is the card that I made for this challenge.
Here it is April 2, and it is raining but rather warm this morning.  I always think of April as the showers that bring May flowers.  That's what I was thinking when I made this card.

I used a base of GKD Fresh Asparagus card stock, and some patterned paper from my stash.
I cut a Spellbinder border die on the printed paper and separated the cuts a bit.
On the lighter  Bazzill Green Tea card stock, I stamped the water drops with clear embossing powder.  I have been working with this stamp from Designs by Ryn, to get the effect that I want.  I think that I did it here, but I used a paint brush with bleach, and my white gel pen to get the look.
The umbrella and sentiment is from GKD stamp set, Weather or Not.  The umbrella is stamped on vellum and colored on the back side with Copic Marker YR09. 
On the side is a strip of gold foil paper to dress it up. 
Here is a close up of the punched flowers.
 
Today is a good day to stay in and craft, but I have a meeting to go to and then an Aunt to visit. I have two elderly Aunts that are into their 90's.  I try to visit them several times a month.  They make me so happy to have the life that I have.
 
Thanks Kathy for this fun challenge, and thank you all for stopping in to see what it is that I do. 
As always, I appreciate the comments that you leave.
 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara, thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I did use Memento London Fog and Black on the droplets. Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so FABULOUS!!! I love your rain drops, is that the stamp set from that video you shared with us? They are quite fabulous, I picture the recipient running for a paper towel thinking somehow they have ruined your beautiful card and wanting to dry it off. I absolutely LOVE how you created your umbrella as well, stamping on Vellum and coloring it from the back, makes it REALLY look like an umbrella. The die cuts are also a wonderful look. This is just one of those cards that every element is FANTASTIC on.....well done, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your explanation of how you did your rain drops three times. They look so three dimensional that I was sure you used glossy accents and poured it into a mold. So fabulous. Thanks for another idea on using the border dies.Love your umbrella with the May flowers spilling out. Lots of dimension but still fit for the mail. Thanks for playing tic tack toe with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your raindrops!!! I can't wait to get my stamp from Ryn. You really did a good job - looks so realistic and 3-D!!! Your card is so sweet with the flowers and the umbrella, and I love how you used that border die. I have that set too and forget to use it. I really like all the colors too - just a great card my dear. I am inspired once again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card you created. I so wish I could join in on the fun but until my procedure is over I will no doubt be very non creative. Sort of disappointing but needs to be that way I guess. Meanwhile keep me enthused with all of your lovely artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great card! Awesome rain drops, and your umbrella came out great on the vellum! Beautiful papers and dies, too! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so beautiful Barbara! Love that umbrella, the sweet flowers and all the rain drops! Now you got me singing the song ! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those raindrops couldn't be more perfect and I LOVE the vellum umbrella! Girl you are on fire! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete