Saturday, July 18, 2015

Secondary Colors

Print


Lesson #9 – Color Theory: Secondary Colors

            Secondary Colors are the direct counterparts of the primary colors — red, yellow, and blue. Orange (a combination of red and yellow), green (a combination of blue and yellow), and purple (a combination of red and blue) are the secondary colors. You can find them in between their primary colors on the color wheel.

             Here is my homework for this lesson, using Orange, Purple and Green. 
A little story first.  I ordered this stamp, (and a few others) from MFT on Tuesday.  After placing the order, I discovered that I already had one of the dies that I just ordered.  Common on, you have done that before, right?  Well, I quickly send them a message to please take off the duplicate die, if it was not a problem.  They responded quickly, and happily refunded my money to PayPal, and then sent out the order the same day! I didn't even have to talk to anyone.   I got it yesterday and I am using this cute bear on this card today.
The End!
 
Recipe:  Base, Sweet mango, and layer of Wild Orchid, GKD
On Water color paper, I used the purple and orange water colors from Kuretake
Bear is from the Birthday Bears and is stamped and fussy cut, colored with copic markers
I paper pieced the balloon, because I accidentally colored it purple and I wanted to use green. 
Sequins form Pretty Pink Posh 
 Well, I am almost caught up with homework, just one more card to do. 

Thanks so much for stopping in and I really do appreciate that you take time to make comments. 
 

6 comments:

  1. Love this Bear Barb! So cool that you managed to stop your duplicate purchase...and yes I have done that before! In fact very recently! Love the background too! Big Hugs....and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bear and your beautiful background! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is an awesome story!!!! I do love MFT, and especially that cute stamp set. They are a great company! Your card is so sweet - that little bear just makes me happy. Love the colors too - secondary colors are my favorites. I love the jewel tones. Great take on the lesson, you are rockin' Summer School!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing beats fast and speedy customer service--especially if you don't have to talk to anyone and explain yourself 17 times! Yay MFT! Love your sweet little Bear, isn't he a cutie? Your background just lets him shine on through! I am learning so much from your Summer School Classes....I feel as if I will be sent to the Principal for copying....lol (like that has ever happened before!) :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun story! Love that bear and he looks so cute surrounded by all that color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have double ordered things too...but I used mine for gifts then most of the time. Love the card you made too.

    ReplyDelete