Saturday, August 8, 2015

A Life She Loved!

I absolutely love color!  Lately, I seem to be making a lot of monochromatic cards.  I was motivated by this sentiment, and some new card stock that I just purchased.  As I was making it, it just seemed the right thing to do.  All soft with vellum and peach colors.  Oh, and I had to keep it CAS.  I must have gotten bit by a monochromatic bug.  Oh well, here is my card. Let me know what you think of it.
 
I used the new GKD card stock called Peach Bellini.  Sounds delicious! The sheet of vellum was purchase at JoAnn's.  It has the flowers on it, but I colored them from the back with distress markers.  A recent tip from a friend, thanks Sharyn.  I used two dies, the tag is Pretty Pink Posh stitched duo and the other is from Simon Says called Frames. There is a layer of plain vellum over the tag.  Then the sentiment.  Isn't it simply beautiful!  I have had it for awhile, but this is the first time using it.  It is from Taylored Expressions, A life She Loved.  I stamped it with GKD Tomato Soup ink and used her clear embossing powder over the top.  Ribbon and sequins from my stash. 
 
I am entering this card in these challenges
Tag Your It! #27 Clean and Simple here 
Great Impression Monthly Challenge, Add a Sentiment  ( for my BFF Donna) here
Just Us Girls Trend Week - Vellum  here
 
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  I am celebrating this weekend.  It's a good thing!
Thanks for your comments, I enjoy them. 


18 comments:

  1. Beautiful use of vellum and your card.... fabulous! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you have used Vellum on this card! Really lovely! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dies you used and that vellum is beautiful. Such a beautiful card Barbara. Thanks for joining us again at JUGS. Always love seeing your work on blogland and especially how you take the time to share your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE the soft palette and Vellum combo! It's just lovely! The little colored flowers on your Vellum look like embroidery, sooooo pretty! Beautiful framing ON the tag, that is an awesome accent, really makes your fabulous sentiment POP! I have that stamp set too, it just says all we are thinking! One last thing....I do care that you make beautiful things!!! (like this creation!) ALWAYS! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Great Impressions! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is simply gorgeous. I LOVE the vellum on top of the peach - just beautiful and soft. And then coloring the flowers is wonderful!!!. As Donna said, it looks like embroidery. I have this stamp set too, and have forgotten about it. Great sentiment - it says it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful simple design which packs a punch. I love the colors you chose for it And, love the floral design and the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree!!! This is SO beautiful--and I adore the gorgeous embossing on vellum! Totally fabulous card! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow beautiful. Thanks for joining us over at Tag You're It.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exquisite!!! I just love vellum with a touch of color and this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love that flowered vellum and how you colored it and that layered tag is a real beauty. So soft and lovely. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty tag/card you've created! Such soft colours...yummy! Thank you for joining the Tag You're It gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honestly Barbara...this card is beautiful!! I know I say that often, but this one is a keeper for sure! Love the color palette and the use of the vellum in two places! So glad you played along with us at JUGS or this card wouldn't exist! Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the vellum look it's so feminine and gorgeous! Yes, I do care that you make such gorgeous creations! Have a Blessed day! XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty card, and your sentiment speaks for all of us in the paper crafting world! Thanks for joining us Great Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous sentiment. I love the soft colors and velum and how you colored it from the back to add interest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous sentiment. I love the soft colors and velum and how you colored it from the back to add interest.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. freak in the sheets

    ReplyDelete