Saturday, January 23, 2016

Double "D" challenge

Here is the inspiration photo for this challenge.  Brrrrr.... Hard to imagine the snow when you are in a warm sunny place.  Sorry, I didn't meant to rub it in, I have had lots of years of winters like this.  I can remember the fun that snow can bring.  I was drawn to the snowman.  After the beautiful scenes that show can bring, the snowman is the most fun.
Here is my card.
 I embossed the white panel with a snowflake folder and used a sponge with Creative color ink in Winter.  I then embossed a piece of cellophane ( must lighter that acetate as I didn't have any) with an embossing folder.  I really liked the looks of it placed over the white snowflake panel.  You can see it better in the picture below. 
The stamp set is from MFT and is called Trim the Branches Snowman. He is colored and fussy cut and placed on top.  The sentiment was stamped in Stazon black ink. 
I think that I will be trying this again.  It looks like a quilt and has some possibilities.  I am not really liking this card, but I like the technique, so I thought I would share it.



 I will be entering this in the new Double D challenge this week.
Thanks for stopping by.  I love your comments, if you care to leave one. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh Barbara this is just adorable! SO happy you've joined us! And sure ... go ahead ... rub it in LOL! It's freezing here in NE Ohio but at least we are missing out on the blizzard that is hitting the east coast and south of us right now! I feel for those poor people with FEET of snow as well as ice & wind! Brrrr doesn't even express their temps right now I'm sure.
    Anyways back to your card! ADORABLE snowman and love your overall design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Double D Challenges! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so glad you took the second picture so we could see the cellophane. Love the effect of double embossing. Adorable snowman and card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute design. Love the snowman too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic snowy snowman card! Looking out my window RIGHT NOW looks like he could move here! Love the texture and that sentiment is just lovely! I am intrigued by your cellophane embossed piece too, pretty cool.....and clever! That stitched frame is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE what you did with the celephane......anything can be used on a card. If you ever go into Home Depot or a hardware store, don't you always look around to see what you can use? At least I do. This card is perfect for the challenge. I love the snowflake background, and that dear little snowman with the cute ornaments. And that frame is perfect here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so frosty and wintery. Love your snowman with the ornaments. Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card....aren't you glad you are here instead of there? LOL I am definitely going to have to try embossing cellophane...thanks for the idea! Hope you got out today to enjoy that beautiful sun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looks adorable against the snowflake background, and what a cool technique! Love how the sentiment seems to float above the background. It felt like spring here today so I worked in the garden. Just temporary, though. More rain on the way, but no snow. Thanks so much for sharing your snowman in our Brrrr Challenge at Double D!

    ReplyDelete