Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Simon Says Monday Challenge: Inspired By A Song

I admit it.  This was just too much fun to not do this week. Our daughter sent us a copy of Adele's new album 25.  I have been listening to it in the house, in the car and I can hear it in my head.  Of, course, I sing along. I am sure that I could be a back up singer for her. My favorite song, is hard to say, as I love several of them on this album.  What came to me right away, as I am sure many other did, was Hello.  I had the right stamp set, again, one that I had not used until now.  It is no longer available, but perfect for this tag.  It us called Call Me, by Flourishes. 
The tag is from PTI called bookmark,  I sponged it to look antique, and stamped words like, HI and Give me a ring, after stamping off once.  A little washi tape for whimsy, and the telephone was  fussy cut.  It has glossy accents on it too.  Then I added the sparkly hearts, as this song is about a lost love. The sentiment is perfect too as the song goes on, she never connects with the person that she is calling.  Too much fun. 

Thanks for stopping in and taking a look at my funny song side.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome tag, and great take on that song. I love Adele too, she has a gorgeous voice. As does Lady Gaga, by the way. Wonderful design and colors, and the animal print as an accent is perfect! Kinda race-y and shabby chic at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adele is fabulous, maybe I could do backup with you as I am sure I sound fantastic! lol I love your tag, of course! Snazzy Washi Tape, really jazzes it up! The phone stamp is perfect for the song! It also brings to mind Carly Rae Jepsen's song, Call Me Maybe....another catchy tune....now both of these songs will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day! hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your blog. Such a fun tag and how it fits the song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An awesome tag design. I am afraid my singing has gotten worse as I aged but I will sing along as I too love Adele's voice. I could not be her back up though. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this! Honestly, I had never heard of Adele until I changed radio stations recently. I know, where have I been?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tag! I love how it's both adorable and sassy (leopard print) at the same time! And your post was such a treat to read, too. I smiled and am glad that one of us is talented enough to be her back-up singer! I'm pretty sure you're the first Potential Adele Back-Up Singer and Talented Crafter that I know! Great job on this- which made me smile-- and thank you for sharing your skills with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great tag and it sounds like you are really hooked on that album...I will have to check it out this weekend on Spotify! Awesome job and I can't believe Sharyn hadn't heard of Adele!

    ReplyDelete