Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Power & Spark for November - Think Pink!

 


 Tosha Leyendekker has challenge us to Think Pink for this month's challenge.  Here are her words. 
“I love vintage, so I often think of white and pink for Christmas décor. I thought it would be fun to feature pink on a Christmas Card. So, for this month’s challenge, let’s THINK PINK and make it a Pink Christmas.”

I just got some new stamps set from Power Poppy and I also treated myself to a new pack of designer paper.  I was inspired by the set called Holly Golightly and Recollections Christmas/Noel paper pack.  
Here is my card.  
This is a 6X6 card because I loved the paper and want to use all of it.  The silvery snowflakes are so shiny and there are white ones too.  I went with a silver and pink card.  After stamping the holly, with versamark and embossing with silver powder, I colored them with Copic R83, R85, R56.  Then fussy cut out two of the holly sprays.  I did the same with the tag, but sponged that with Distress ink in Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry.


I used a newer die from Simon Says called Believe.  I cut a vellum background for that and the word was die cut in silver.  The vellum is colored from the back with the Copic R 85. 

Card stock is Gina K Designs in Dusty Rose and I added a bit of pink gingham ribbon to the card too. 
the sentiment on the tag is from Simple Joys stamp set. 


I will need to make an envelope for this special size.  




I will enter this card in the Power & Spark Challenge for November

Thanks for your comments, They really brighten my day! 
 

14 comments:

  1. I am sitting here with my mouth open! This is absolutely sensational my friend! Silver and pink is one of my favorite color combos! I am in awe of your talents!!! I think you should make more of these in other color combos! You have a winner here for sure! WOWZA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Barbara this is gorgeous. Love the flowers and pretty papers. Great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is dreamy! The background is magical and I love the beautiful pink flowers and accents. The silver "believe" is the icing on the cake. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word!! I LOVE the silver and pink together on this lovely creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely STUNNING! I can see why you wanted to use the whole 6x6 card stock, isn't that fabulous! I love your pink and white and silver, so pretty, so frosty like w winter wonderland! I can't believe, well no I can believe you fussy cut everything out! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SMILE!!! I bought the same paper pack. It caught my eye in the 12X12 but too pricy but I was thrilled to find it 6x6. Now I just need to use it. I have a tendency to hoard beautiful papers like they do some good in my paper drawer. Absolutely fabulous card. Love the embossing and the holly sprays and the ribbon is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, this is just so beautiful. I love the silver and pink together, just elegant and stunning. Especially the silver embossing on the holly leaves. And I'm with you, I can't, but can, believe you fussy cut them out. Makes all the difference. I will be looking for that patterned paper......as if I need any more Christmas paper...lol. Awesome take on the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Barb, this is GORGEOUS! I don't blame you for wanting to use the entire piece of this DP, and what a beautiful way to use it with the embossed images that you've colored and fussy cut! Just love the colors together, and I love this new die! Beautifully done, sweet friend! Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So elegant. I love it. Great colors and a great take on the challenge photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! The silver embossing is fantastic and I like the way you framed the sentiment with the holly. Just gorgeous. Thanks for playing in our Power and Spark challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Barb!! LOVE the silver background with your beautifully colored pink holly and tag! It is so striking!! So glad you joined our Power and Spark "Think Pink" challenge this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Barbara...the silver the pink, that paper all beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love everything about your card... especially the silver accents. I'm a snowflake lover, so that background is special too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just gorgeous! Just the right amount of pink and the silver is so festive!

    ReplyDelete