Thursday, March 16, 2017

Seize the Birthday - Color Splash

                            



    It s time for another Challenge at Seize the Birthday!



The topping for this challenge is Color Splash, black and white and one color



        If your not a toppings kind of crafter,  just make it a birthday card.


Don't forget, we have a New Special Party Guest too.  Her name is Anita Bowden  and you will find her designs HERE.   Check out what all of the other designers have done at Seize the Birthday Challenge

                                                Here is my example.

I made two cards fpr this challenge.  Actually, I missed the boat, as I forgot the challenge was Black and White and a Splash of Color.  So I made one that fit those requirements.  But I left in my original card too.

Foer this card, I used GKD black and white card stock.  The stamp set used is My Favorite Things, Sketched Blooms.  Then I colored the blooms with my Zig water color makers.  I did use Archival waterproof ink, but I still see a smear. Oh Well, It is hand made not Hallmark! 


 Here is your chance to go WILD with color.  I even used a lot of gold on this one too. After embossing with an EF, I sponged a lot of Distress inks on the panel.  Then when over it with Gold Viva Modellier Crème. I added another panel on the bottom of gold foil paper and a strip of gold glitter paper.  This card really has a Color Splash! The sentiment is die cut with gold and black and it was layered over the top and slightly to one side. You can see it better in this photo.

Ingredients:  GKD 120 lb card stock in white
Gold foil paper, Gold glitter paper
Die cut from Penny Black for the Sweet
Simon Says die for the Birthday
Cuttlebug EF, A bit of Persia.
Distressed inks in Picked Raspberry and Broken China.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.  Hope it is colorful!




12 comments:

  1. Pretty cards. Love the blue on the first one. It looks great and the little smear is not noticeable, until you mentioned it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, you have outdone your self with this colorful beauty!! Color is my life, and this card is getting pinned. The gold is perfect for this over-the-top lush card!!! It's delicious!! Love your other card too, of course. Very sweet, I really like blue and black together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them both but the effect you got with the embossing folder is amazing. I recognize the gold on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay both cards are FABULOUS for very different reasons. Love the black and white and POP of blue all over card, fantastic color--nice and bright and bold and happy and that sentiment is super cute! Your gold card is amazing! It's so rich in color and texture and so bold in sentiment and blossoms! Like YOWZA! Glad you posted them both, you are wildly talented my dear friend! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are gorgeous Barbara! Love the CAS design of the first one and how rich & bold the second one is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are so wonderful! I love the simple and beautiful design of your first one with all those flowers and the bright bold colors with the gold for the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing cards, Barbara...love the blue you used for your splash of color. WOW your other card is full of gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you posted your second card too! Love how you incorporated the gold with the those vibrant colors! Love your first card too...but I am a sucker for turquoise! See you tomorrow...love how that sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forget the smear, Barbara, its not even there!! ;)
    Wonderful cards, both of them. And I am glad you posted the second one too - love the simplicity in the first one and the color burst and gold in the second.
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fabulous cards Barbara! Love the bright turquoise blue blossoms on the first, and what a cool technique you used for the second. So many beautiful gold elements!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The aqua flowers on your first card look so pretty, Barbara! I agree with you, that handmade cards may have some smear :)! the second card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are beautiful! I love the brightness of the zig color markers. The blue in the first card is gorgeous. Love the gold and the pretty colors in the second....well done!

    ReplyDelete