Thursday, April 27, 2017

Dies two ways

Hello crafty friends!  Barbara here, to give you some inspiration and a way to use your dies in two different ways.  Let's get started.
                                              Here is the card that I made for you today.
I am also entering this card in the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes.

 This die is called Secret Garden, by Dee's Distinctively Dies, sold by Dies R Us.  The title of this die, made me think of something whimsical and magical and I wanted it to look that way.  I die cut some of the flowers from scratch paper.  You can use them as mask, as I did here.
On Kraft card stock I sponged around the outside of the mask with Kraft ink.


 I liked that look, but I wanted to make the flowers stand out more, so I used the negative card stock as a stencil and sponged white ink on them. You can see how I did that here.

After choosing the polka dot paper to put the Kraft background on, I got another idea and just totally made the flowers whimsical, and cut them from the same polka dot paper. I really like the magical look that I got and it was what I was going for.  Lastly I used wink of Stella and Glossy Accents on the centers of these Corn Flowers. I die cut some leaves out of the same paper to add to the blossoms. the stems are just free hand cuts.
                                                                  Secret Garden Flower 1

                                             Dee's Distinctively Dies - Secret Garden Flower 1
         Check out Dee's Distinctively Dies, there are several flowers that you could use for this.
Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.
  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month
 and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to
 the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important
 Dies R Us links are provided below. 
click below for:
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

Thanks for stopping by the Dies R Us Blog today!!

1 comment:

  1. So clever, so creative sooooo BEAUTIFUL! I love your card, the colors the Designer Paper, that fabulous die and how you stenciled with it! FANTASTIC! All over pretty!

    ReplyDelete