Thursday, July 20, 2017

Splatter - Seize the Birthdsay

I have had a lot of fun doing the example cards for Seize the Birthday challenge. I think that the best part is that I now have lots of birthday cards to send out  to my family and friends. 
I keep a note book of birthdays by month.  At the beginning of each month, pull out the cards that I want to send, and then address them.  Sometimes I have to finish the inside and make an envelope, but that doesn't take long. I am usually on time or even early.
 Ok, I do rattle on, here is our challenge for this two weeks.
" Our "Toppings" option this time is...

                                                             "Splatters"
 
        If you're not a toppings kinda person, well.....you can just
 stick with our usual "Anything Goes"Birthday!
  The choice is yours!
Here is my example. 
I got some inspiration from Pinterest for this one.  I save cards that I like and then seldom look at them.  This one is by LeAnne Pagliese
Thanks for your inspiration Le Anne
The supplies that I used for this card:
Tim Holtz Mover and Shakers Sand Dollar die 
Gina K Designs Tag Lines, By the Sea 2 and Beyond Baskets  stamp sets
Circle die, Lil Inkers stitched circle
Distress ink in Broken China and Brushed Corduroy
Watercolor paper. 

We have a new Special Party Guest too.  Her name is Lindsey, you can see her blog Here!
     Please check out what all of the other designers have done at Size the Birthday.

Thanks very much for stopping by.  Your comments really make my day brighter.


12 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS ... such a calming image! Fabulous design ... love the sand dollar! Leann is an awesome artist ... isn't it awesome when we can find inspiration from fellow designers! Well done Barb!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sea scene on the circle -- love this card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, Barbara! Love the calm and beautiful scene, the colors are just perfect, and the splatters suit the card so well!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beautiful sea scene and your great sand dollar element. The splatters are perfect on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this so much Barb! The depth of your starfish/sanddollar is incredible! This idea has so many variations and I can see why you made a few! LOVE IT A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the perfect beach card. I love the lay out and the scene you created. Just gorgeous;

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just LOVE this!!! That sand dollar is so beautiful, and I really like what you did with the splatters, one of my favorite techniques. I always like the effect it gives. And doing the little scene inside the circle is GENIUS, with the rustic ribbon the perfect final touch. This is just stellar!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful and dreamy!!! Love the soft colors in the beach scene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is great, Barbara! That sand dollar looks so real! Love the beautiful beach scene, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Barbara : )

    This card is so pretty! I love all the textures you achieved and this color combo is over the top great!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this beach card! A lovely CASE of LeAnne's version. I need to do what you do - write all the birthdays down in one place and stay on top of sending those cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so gorgeous. The soft colours are perfect for the ocean themed card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete