Thursday, September 28, 2017

Sieze the Birthday - Script or text background

We have a new challenge for you at Seize the Birthday,  As a matter of fact, we have one every two weeks.  This one has a topping of using a script or text background.

 Our "Topping" option this time around is...
"Script or text background"
(It seems to still be ever so popular.)

Just remember to keep it a Birthday Theme!
If you're not a toppings kinda person, well.....you can just
stick with our usual "Anything Goes"Birthday!

The choice is yours!
For my example, I used the option of Script 

I heat embossed the script with clear powder and then sponged with a Distress Oxide ink in Iced Spruce.  The die on the side is a Memory Box, Weeping Willows and I layered a few dies to make the label  Fancy Tags and a scalloped oval Spellbinder die. A few flowers and pearls from my stash finished it off.  The Sentiment is one that I used often, and is Gina K Designs, Birthday Greetings. 

Remember to check out the inspiration from  the other design members at Seize the Birthday 
We also have Special Design Guest to inspire you too.  Her name is Becca Cruger  and you will find her blog Here
Thanks for stopping by.  I love your comments.  
 

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Barbara. Love how you embossed the script and sponged over it, along with the Weeping Willow die cuts on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully done. I love the embossed script and those great dies you used. The colors are fantastic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design. I love the emboss resist and your sweet flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely. That Iced Spruce color is gorgeous, perfect on this card. It really makes the white weeping willow branches stand out. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an elegant scripty background, I just love it! The willow die is absolutely beautiful in white as a beautiful complement to it. Just gorgeous!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a script background and yours is gorgeous! That Weeping Willow die cut is amazing, don't you love it?!?! Your colors are fabulous and your pretty cluster of flowers make this a very happy birthday card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card and that cool die cut

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful Barbara, love the cascade of leaves from the top of the card design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the subtle script bg -- very classy looking

    ReplyDelete
  10. I struggle with horizontal cards but this one is great and has a nice balance! Love the sponged background color and those cute flowers to balance it off! Hugs my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the scripted background. What a great look! The color is fantastic too. The Weeping Willow die adds a lot of interest. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barbara this is so lovely. I love the elegant script background, and the weeping willows are so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barb, this has to be far more beautiful in real life! I love embossing and the sponging, and the Oxides have such a rich look. What a stunning willow die! The floral array really finishes it off beautifully next to the label...I love it all! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful! The background is stunning and the white pops perfectly.

    ReplyDelete