Thursday, February 21, 2019

Creative Confetti - Color it up!

A new challenge for this week at Creative Confetti is to Color it up! 


But to challenge yourself to find new ways to color. 
I have often colored the background of my images with light colors to enhance the image, but today, I went out of my comfort zone and used a very dark combination.  
I will get right to it.  I have only colored this digital image from Power Poppy where I learned to put the sentiment in the center of the geraniums. It is not a card yet. 
Looks like I need more work getting the sentiment straight. It is kind of at a carefree angle.  
I will be entering this in the Weekly Creative Confetti at Power Poppy. 
Thanks for stopping by and I love your comments. 
Going to an English tea room for lunch with my bestie today.  

10 comments:

  1. I like the carefree angle.. and your darker background. The geraniums are so realistic looking. How fun an English tea room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful geraniums design. Wonderful coloring too. And, the sentiment looks fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring and will be a great card. Love the angle of the sentiment, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning. I love that you used a darker background, it just makes the image POP!!! I didn't even notice the wonky angle with your greeting until you said something about it. I am so envious of your coloring ability. I need so much practice, and actually haven't done any coloring in ages. Guess I better get busy. You can't improve if you don't practice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous coloring and I think the sentiment is just perfect!! Going to a tea room...lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Barb! This is fantastic! Copics? You did an amazing job on this beautiful geranium and I love the background. The quote looks like maybe it's supposed to be that way. ps: Yours is one of the comments that doesn't come through in my email, and I noticed you and Darlene both have Yahoo emails. Could that be it? Anyway, you asked about the wood grain on my DD card. It's wood grain card stock. I believe you can get it at Simon Says Stamp, but I got mine here: https://www.cutcardstock.com/collections/gmund-woodgrain

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful colouring and I like how the sentiment sits. It looks perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! What a gorgeous image and your coloring only enhances it! I love the dark background, I don't think I have ever colored one darkly either. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully colored, Barbara. I love the dark background. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... this is a stunner! I love the way you added the sentiment! That dark background really grabs your attention and makes your coloring all the more rich!

    ReplyDelete