Monday, May 13, 2019

Creative Confetti - Simply Resistible



I was going through my stamp sets to organize them.  I thought that I would put all of the Christmas stamp sets in one place and then by company. I started out with Power Poppy stamps and didn't get very far.  I looked at this Amaryllis set and thought...."I can use that for more than just Christmas." 
That is how this card started.  I didn't have a lot of time, so I kept it simple. 

Here is the card that I did for the Simply Resistible challenge at Power Poppy. 

 This could be a birthday card, not just for Christmas!



A closer look at the embossing in white and then I colored the amaryllis with my colored pencils. Easy to do as the embossing resists the color. Next, I did a partial die cut with my brand new Spellbinder dies called Hemstitch.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  

Thanks for checking in with me as I have fun creating. Love your comments. 

8 comments:

  1. WOW! Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love how you did the partial die cutting (trying to figure out HOW you did that lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fabulous and elegant looking with the colorful design against the black. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous. I'm glad to see that you did the Simply Resistible challenge, most everyone else has only done the sketch challenge. LOVE that you did it on black, I'm such a fan of white embossing on dark paper. Your coloring is beautiful too. And I see you have the Hemstitch Die....I just caved and got them too. Awesome card, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and so elegant. Love it. The embossing and coloring looks fabulous on the black background, and the partial die cutting looks great. Great techniques you used on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could definitely use that all year long! LOVE what you have done with it here on the dark card stock! It is gorgeous! This technique looks fabulous....well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is downright gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh Barbara! I love this technique on black -- swoon worthy! Your card is absolutely stunning!! So glad you gave this challenge a try!

    ReplyDelete