Thursday, April 9, 2020

Seize the Birthday - Spring Fling

The toppings for this challenge Spring Fling!

Lindsey has challenged us to make Spring cards.  For me that means flowers. 

But if you are not a toppings kind of personJust make it a birthday card and that will work too! 
Here is my card for your inspiration.


Can you feel the spring on this card?  I just love poppies and this was my go-to stamp for this challenge. Spring flowers are so much fun to color and make cards.  I used the newer stamp from Gina K Designs called Vertical greetings and things.   Not only does it have poppies but fun vertical greetings that can be used on many cards.  I started with watercolor paper and my Arteza Real Brush pens in Cantlope, Apricot, and Orange. To define the flower petals I used a Prismacolor pencil in Vermillion.  For the foliage, the colors are Pea Green and Crockadile Green.

Next, I die cut the panel with Simon Says Die called Postage Stamp Edge die. That was layered in Sage green and a base of Asparagus from Gina K Designs. 
The hardest part of this card was to add splashes of ink.  I can't tell you how many cards I have messed up with bog blobs. 


Our Surprise party Guest is Steff Perry, you can find her creations Here
More inspiration here from the Design Team

Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments!


15 comments:

  1. Beautiful poppies, love the colors and your coloring! I like the vertical sentiment too, I may have that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stamp set and you have used it perfectly here. Not only THAT, but you have done no-line coloring. You are so brave and so stinkin' genius!!!!! And the splatters are the perfect final touch. Gorgeous card that screams SPRING!!! Simply FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those beautiful poppies. Great card design and perfect layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poppies. I love the CAS design. I know what you mean about the background that never works for me. I am always amazed when I see people make a card and splatter afterword.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!! I LOVE the orange poppies. I also like that sentiment and how it goes vertical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poppies are glowing Barbara, I can definitely feel the Spring in your card, it's beautiful! The splashes are perfect too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card with the orange poppies. They are colored so pretty. The vertical sentiment looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Gorgeous colouring, and the vertical sentiment adds that extra interest. Must get out my SSS postage dies too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Barbara! Your watercoloring with the added pencil shading is stunning and I love the warm orange you were able to create. And the splatters look fabulous as well. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! I love poppies. We used to have some beside the back door. When we built the porch, we had to move them and they never came back. Hope you are all well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO PRETTY! Love your no line coloring

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully colored, Barbara! I love orange and yellow poppies more than red ones! The vertical sentiment is great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am such a fan of bright orange from any floral, especially on the poppies!! This is beautiful Barb! Everything is stamped and placed perfectly...even the splatters! Great job! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its gorgeous, Barbara! Absolutely loved your coloring of the florals, the splatters and even the vertical sentiment - spectacular spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your flowers are absolutely spectacular!!! I truthfully have no idea how you coloured them so perfectly. Love the splatter and the vertical sentiment too. Such a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete