Thursday, February 17, 2022

Seize the Birthday #232 - Dichromatic


This is a great challenge topping that Ashwini charged us with these next two weeks.  At first, I was puzzled as I didn't know what Dichromatic was.  Did you? 
Now I know that it is simply using two colors. 


            
      Of course, if you are not a toppings kind of person, just make it is a Birthday card. 

My two colors are Speckled Egg and Peeled Paint from Distressed oxide ink.  
I think I was thinking of Bette Manning! 


I used the Altenew Embossing folder called Seasonal Blooms and then the matching Stencils to color it. So easy to do. The script is from Yanna Spellbinder hot foil dies. 

                         
 A close-up of my new heat foiling with my Glimmer machine. 
     I see that I over foiled in one spot.

Our Surprise Party Guest for the months of January and February is 
Vicki Hayes

Please see what our Surprise Party Guest and the rest of my teammates have done with this challenge. 

Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                                






12 comments:

  1. That makes for a very cool effect. Awesome card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Barb. Love your choice of colors and the hot foiling, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to guess at the definition too! ;) This is a stunner. All of that gorgeous texture and color! So beautiful! Oh and you know that itty bitty over foiled part can be wiped/erased away. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this is stunning. I LOVE the two colors you chose, so different but very elegant and striking. I think I have that EF and stencil too. I need to pull it out and use it again. This is just wonderful, and the foiling is the perfect final touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are two of the best colors to combine! What an amazing embossing folder. So many things to inspire and tempt all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing embossing folder. I love that it comes with a stencil too. The greeting is perfect for this design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous EF and card, Barbara! What great a great color combo too! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara, I need more foiling sentiments...I have a few that are either large or very small...anyway, I am loving those EF and then stenciling, that is totally awesome. I might have to invest, thanks for more enabling *wink! And I just made 9 sympathy cards. I hot foiled all of them with a Spellbinders flower and did them all on darker PTI cardstock, they look awesome. I will try to get some pictures posted for you to see I am doing foiling...Oh and I did get the solid hot foil plate so now I need to make time for playing with that too!! Too much to do with too little time!! Heart Hugs, col

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, stencilling over the embossing worked out great, fabulous colours and effect, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowie!! You've taken the cream for this challenge, Cathy!!! I'm in love with this card, the gorgeous muted colors over the embossing. What a spectacular idea and so well delivered!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous - I love how you coloured the flowers and leaves. I love blue and green together and you absolutely rocked it. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete