Thursday, February 22, 2024

STB - Use Red as your Main Color

JoAnn is our host, and she has chosen the toppings for this challenge. 
When I think of red, I think of Christmas and Valentine's.
But Christmas if over and Valentines will be too by the time this post comes up. 
What to do? 
Well I came up with the Winter berries stamp, stencil and die that I have. I think it worked out well. 



If you use our topping, you have a chance to be a guest designer.
 I love to see what you can do with this topping. 
If you are not a toppings kind of crafter, just make sure it is a birthday thee. 

This challenge please check out our Surprise Party Guest
Deborah and Kath

Both of them used the toppings and got to be included as designers



Here is my card




Supplies are: The Greetery Winterberries Bouquet
Paper Trey Ink Ornate die
Gina K Designs ink, Cherry Red, Faded Brick, Stormy Sky and Soft Stone
Some sequins and jewels from my stash. 

The team has more inspiration for you Here. 

Remember that Debrah Wheeler  is our Surprise Party Guest 



Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                           






13 comments:

  1. Eating cake IS a celebration lol Love your pretty shades of red and that background cover plate die--so cool! Loving your 'grey'ery too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOSH, Barb!!! This is just stunning! That deep red with the grey is simply gorgeous, and this card really pops with that lattice background die. It's gorgeous, I love everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, your card is so pretty with your red background and the white cover plate. The gray is a great addition. Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous, Barb! Red is another of my favorites, but for some reason I don't use it often on cards other than the occasions you mentioned. It's a great summer color and can be very rich, but I also love the way you softened it here with your inked background and the grays and the beautiful white cover plate. It's a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely die cut over the dark red inking - the gray stems and red blooms look lovely over your panel! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello friend, You already know that your card was the kick I needed to figure out what to do with this challenge. Red is not a color I work with a lot. Thanks for inspiring me with this lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that cover die! Looks awesome against the red sponging

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a stunner Barbara, pairing the red and grey is so pretty and love the background die, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your choice of stamps & dies worked out perfectly with your beautiful card. Love the white die cut over the red background, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off...I am in love with the shades you chose for the leaves. Is that the Soft Stone and Stormy Sky?? This is just stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the combination of red with greys. And the berries were the right choice too. Spectacular card, really.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the rich red background. The overlaying die goes so well with the berries. The grey goes perfectly with the red.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That’s a brilliant combo, Barbara! I love how the grey breaks up the red.

    ReplyDelete