Thursday, April 11, 2024

SYB #281 Any Color plus Green



Time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday!
Nancy, our leader is the hostess for this challenge. 
She is asking us to pick a color, any color and add green.
Of course, neutral colors are allowed. 


If you are not into toppings, just make it a Birthday card! 
But if you use our topping, you may have a chance to be a quest designer. 


Here is my card for this challenge. As I needed a masculine birthday card, I went with this theme. 



I knew that I would choose blue to go along with the green for this challenge. I had already made a panel from Gina K Thick Brush stencil and used the poly-glaze foiling sheet too. That was my background panel. 
The die in the front is Spellbinder small die of the month, Gift Border
I die cut that from black shiny packaging. 
The bows are foil paper in green and gold.'
using master layouts from Gina K, I framed the card and popped out the gifts. 
Happy Day is from the same Spellbinder die. 

The team has more inspiration for you Here. 

Our Surprise Party Guest for the next two months is  Jolanda Johnston
 Melanie Hungerford is also with us as she was the winner from the last challenge. 

Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                               






11 comments:

  1. This is so fabulous, I can't stop looking at it. The Polyglaze is perfect and I really like your color choices. That touch of gold and green foil for the bows is GENIUS, the whole design is just so pretty. LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic masculine card, Barbara. The gift border die fits perfectly on your Poly Glaze panel. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of that pretty, errr handsome background! Blues and greens are a favorite of mine! And look at all of those presents! Yowza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't go wrong with leaves and presents for a masculine card, and I love this one! It's gorgeous for either gender. That leafy background is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really loving your color choices for this card, Barb! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect masculine colors, and love the look you get from the foiling. Wonderful card and thanks for having me as your Surprise Party Guest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you've concentrated on making a colored background, and applied the theme there instead of how one might usually put things in the foreground. The rows of gift boxes in black and green-gold are really standing out. Awesome card, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic masculine card Barbara, love the background and the shine from the foiling and repurposed packaging, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another something I had to Google - lol. Poly-glaze foil! This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the background and how you did the gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Barb. I like the shiny bows on your black presents. That background is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete