Wednesday, July 3, 2024

A Cut Above - "START OFF WITH A BANG!"




There is a new challenge started by one of my team members. We are encouraged to use die cuts on our projects. Also the first challenge is to start off with a bang and used the RED, WHITE, and Blue colors usually associated with the 4th of July. 
But we are encouraged to go wherever your mojo takes you. 
That is what I did with this card. 
I wanted to use the Spellbinders, Winter Bird House die and do it in red, white and blue (navy)
But when I got it done, it is really more or a winter card than 4th of July. 
I am going to show you when I mean. 


This card does have shine and sparkle as I used glossy accents on the berries and acorns. 
Other supplies are:
Embossing folder from Anna Griffin called Cherry Blossoms
Spellbinder die Winter Bird House
My Favorite Things A Tweet Hello
Navy cardstock for the base and roof
Just another way to sue these colors as I don't send out 4th of July cards. 


Stop over to the new blog and enter, there a prize! 


Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                              






4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, Barbara! So many wonderful details using die cuts. That bird house is awesome and I love the foliage and berries. Beautiful embossed background and coloring. Just an amazing card! Thanks for sharing at A Cut Above's debut challenge, "Let's Start Off With A Bang!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Love the chilly look of it all and the red-white-and-blue colors--they look fabulous! That birdhouse is awesome and I love all of the little details. I think you could slap Happy 4th Of July or Merry Christmas on this easily! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those birds are so sweet! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well how stinkin' CUTE!!! I would never have thought to do a little bird house for this challenge, and it all works perfectly. This is just adorable!! Lots of fabulous work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at A Cut Above, this has been really fun!

    ReplyDelete