Saturday, May 3, 2014

Mod Squad Challenge Blog

One layer Wonder, is the challenge for this week at the Mod Squad Challenge.  I almost never to one layer cards.  I just love to, layer on the layers.  So this was a challenge that was really a CHALLENGE!
That is was makes this all so interesting. Testing your skills with something new.

I started out with a white base.  I sponged Sea Glass ink and Pear Tart across the front of the card after using a mask for the flowers and the sentiment panel.  Then I inked up some BG stamps that I had with the same inks and stamped the sentiment panel with London Fog ink.  The hearts, banner and sentiment are done in GKD black onyx ink.
I am pretty please with my one layer card. 

9 comments:

  1. I love the artistic look of this card, and all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi. I don't think that I have found my design as yet. I love them all.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous one layer wonder!!!! So many lovely elements and yet it's all one sheet! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off I love the colors! And the way you used the stamps and that pretty ink IN layers makes this card look like it has so much more depth than a nO layer card! Very cool, love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Barb- soon all the layers will be gone and you will be hooked on the CAS one to two layer card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful one layer card....and awesome colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful artsy creation! LOVE how you made the bg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I do love those colors. That green is just so pretty. I also love the texture you have created with the masking and stamping. There's so much going on here, it's hard to believe it's just one layer. So well done, and such a hard thing to do. I'm just crazy about this card, you have inspired me. I need to get busy, I haven't done any challenges for way too long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely! You really had to do some planning ahead to get this wonderful result. I love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete