Thursday, November 23, 2017

Seize the Birthday - Monocromatic

Welcome to Seize the Birthday Challenge for November and the last challenge for us this year.  Remember that we take the month of December off.  This year has gone so fast, can't believe all of the things that has happened and that I have done.  Some new experiences and leanings.

But,  on with this challenge and Yes, we have a topping.

Our "Toppings" option this time is...
Monocromatic 
I love doing monochromatic cards and usually think of blue.  Not sure why I do that, but for this challenge, I thought blue or more turquoise.  
Here is my card for your inspiration.
 I heat embossed this stamp called Bold and Blooming from Gina K Designs, in clear embossing powder on a panel of Ocean Mist Card stock.  Next I colored it with Copic marker BG01.  At this point, I didn't like what I had done, so I got out my Prismacolor pencils, and colored with the blue. Now I got something. The sentiment is from the same stamp set using GKD Ocean Mist ink. Adding the matching ribbon and jewels to the panel gave it some bling.  It was then adhered to a base of the same card stock.  I finished the inside with a little more ribbon. 

We have a  Surprise Party Guest too.  Her name is Becca Cruger and you can see her blog here

Hope that you play along with us for this challenge.  I look forward to your creations each time and love to see them.  Thanks for stopping by and please check out what the other designers have done at 

See you all next year!
 

12 comments:

  1. I am so partial to monochromatic color and you have done it beautifully here. Love the color you chose, and using the colored pencils just makes that image pop. This is just gorgeous!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara that is an awesome card and I love those colors. So well colored with the colored pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant looking image and card using just the blues

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty image for coloring; it even looks so good with monochromatic colors! Love the combination of that pretty lace - really makes the card so much elegant!
    hugs, Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because you make it look so beautiful! This is a fabulous design, well balanced and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you chose this color too as it's one of my favorites! Your card is gorgeous and I love the way your bordered your sentiment with the ribbon! Well done! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara I love how you used different mediums to achieve your shades of blue, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very elegant card! I love the color. You are a monochromatic genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has been one crazy week for me so I am trying to get caught up on my comments. I love monochromatic cards and this one is a real beauty. Gorgeous stamp and I love how you combined the markers and pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love aqua, turquoise or teal. They are magical colors! Your card is gorgeous and I love the accents you added using pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! Your accents are stunning.

    ReplyDelete