Saturday, December 9, 2017

Double D Challenge - it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas



All in Red or White with an optional pop of green, that is the idea behind this gorgeous mood board.  See for yourself.
                                       

This board along with all of the teams fun designs have motivated me to get out card stock and play along.  I loved that hearts in the top left corner and that was what inspired my card.



 I used a die that looked close to the hearts on the mood board.  It is from Simon Says Stamps and has a matching die.  It is called Roses for You.  I was also very anxious to use a new die that I got recently from Penny Black, Antique Frame.   I cut it three times and used foam tape between layers.  Then I wanted a pop of green so I searched out my IO Fern dies and added them to the front. For the hearts, I colored the bottom half of the heart with my red marker and added small dots with my white gell pen. A few snowflake sequins from my stash and it was done. 

I decided not to all a sentiment on the front.  It may end up a Valentine card.  Never know! (wink)
I will be entering this one in the Double D Challenge. 
Thanks so much for stopping by today and leaving a comment.  I much appreciate it especially on this card.  You see I have brought my craft supplies with me to Florida and I can't find a thing!  It's a miracle that I got this one done, at 2 a.m.

                                     

6 comments:

  1. Love the layered background behind your hearts on this pretty Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ... I would have to have another trailer to bring my crafting supplies ... would be so hard to leave anything behind! Cuddos on getting this adorable card created ... awesome take on our mood board! Big Hugs and Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Red & White with optional touch of Green’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this is a beauty for sure! I'm so glad you packed up all these gems when you headed south! Love those hearts, so pretty and rustic and lovely! That frame set is going on my next wish list--you're bad for my wallet, yet oh so good for the economy lol Beautiful card, Barb. Hope your cold temps of 60 warm up for you hahahah it was actually snowing when we got up this morning, so there! xo~ Thanks for playing along with us at the Double D Challenge Blog, It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You nailed that picture in the mood board. I love this design. You are right it could be a Valentine too. We always love seeing your cards at DD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh to be that creative in the middle of the night! You captured the mood board so well! Pretty card! Now, get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous details on this gorgeous card. Great design. Thanks for joining us at Double "D" Challenges.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete