Thursday, January 4, 2018

Seize the Birthday - January 2018

Hello! Here we are to start a brand new year.  I am looning forward to meeting new people here in this  blog and new challenges to accomplish. It will be a fun crafting year.  Lots of birthday cards to make and inspiration to give.
For our first challenge there are no toppings.  That's right make any birthday card that you like. 
      
I have a daughter that has a January birthday and the card that I made for her is a clean and simple one, also know as CAS.  I remembered something that I saw  from Debbie Hughs called Negative Painting.  Debbie was inspired by Emily Jeffords.  You can read about it here
Here is my negative paint for you.  
 I had so much fun, I did another one in blue.  Always good to have a card on hand, just in case.
I started by cutting a die called Lorelai Leaf by Memory box from masking paper.  I place the sticky die onto my card stock and used Distressed Oxide inks in Chipped Sapphire and Iced Spruce, mixed with a little water.  I painted the inks on until I got what I liked.  Then I cut another panel of white card stock just a little smaller that the front of the card and used a Spellbinder circle die to cut a circle in it. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp, You Matter and the Yes, die cut is Gina K Designs.  Both cards were rather quick and I really like how they turned out.

We also have a new party guest with us for the months of January and February.  She is Kristie Goulet and you can find her creations here.  https://kreativekristies.blogspot.com

Don't forget to see what the rest of the design team has done for your inspiration this month.  

Can't wait to see what you do for this challenge,  remember the choice is yours.


17 comments:

  1. Barbara, this is a wonderful design and one I think I will CAS...I struggle with masculine and I think this fits the bill for that also! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this. Looks like so much fun to do, I might need to try it. I really like how you have mounted the focal behind the circle, really nice design. Pinning once again, I think I have more pins from you than anyone else. At least you and Donna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it in both colors....that is such a wonderful design. I will have to try that some day as the look is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are lovely and great masculine cards. I am partial to the blue one. :)
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. You make me like CAS LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Barb. I think it would be perfect for my card class.... maybe sponging instead of water color since we have not gone there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CAS perfection... as many of your commenters have already said, definitely a design to CASE! Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW these are awesome and what a fun technique! I will have to give that a whirl first chance. What fun! Thanks (again) for inspiration! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous CAS card, Barbara! I love the circle, the neutral colors, the big sentiment, all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty! Love these CAS cards, Barbara! You daughter would be thrilled!
    hugs Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an elegant and beautiful design! Both are gorgeous but I love the blue one more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Love them both but the blue one steals the show for me! Looks like you are enjoying your patio and the natural light for photos! They look great! I will be in touch soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both so lovely! What a brilliant CAS using negative painting. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Wow Barbara I really love this technique and the design you used are beautiful!! All that warm weather is making your mojo flow! giggles!!

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, what a delightful technique--so interesting and ethereal (and I just looked up the definition yet again, which seems perfect to describe your card) Extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world. The End.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning!! I Love the technique you used on this. The colors are so fabulous and I love that you made TWO!!!

    ReplyDelete