Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Creative Confetti - Try something new!

 I thought that I would just try something new as this challenge suggests.  This is not a new technique, but one that I have only done once before in the way that I first planned.  That technique is called Emboss Resist.  I made a very nice card and then realized that I did not use a Power Poppy stamp at all.  Lol!   Back to the drawing board.  It is hard to pick out a stamp set that I like as I like them all.  But I did go to the Chrysanthemum XL.   I stamped it in Versamark ink and put clear embossing powder on it and heat set it.  Then I found that I had a hard time coloring the petals as I planned because I could not see them.  No Problem, change the plan and use a wash of water color in gold.  Nope, not the look I was going for.  So Plan 3. die cut it out, add a darker color to highlight the petals.
Now we are talking a card.  This is what it looks like. 
 Here is what I used on this card. 
Dark Chocolate card stock GKD, and water color paper for the flower
Stitched Round Rectangles From DieNamics added to the base for texture
Kuretake Starry gold water color
Vintage Photo Distress ink for the leaves and highlights on the flower
Power Poppy Chrysanthemum XL  and Party time for the sentiment
Gold embossing powder for the sentiment
This view shows how sparkly the gold is on the flower. 

I am entering this in the Creative Confetti Challenge - Try something new
Simon Says Wednesday challenge Stitch it Up
Thanks as always for stopping by and I sure appreciate your comments during these busy days.


8 comments:

  1. Love your thought process in trying to make this card. Result is lovely - I do like your cards Barbara. I also liked your snowflake card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply awesome. I think I need to try that technique, it looks like so much fun. LOVE the dark chocolate with the gold, just beautiful!!! Great take on the challenge, my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Your end result looks beautiful. Love the stitched frames in the dark chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white embossing with the gold really pops off the dark background. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. Gosh Barbara! This is absolutely stunning! I might need to go grab a cup of coffee and come back to study your creation -- just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Third time's a charm! And this blossom and card are beautiful AND charming! Love the gold!

    ReplyDelete