Friday, April 5, 2019

Creative Confetti - On the Grid

For this challenge, I decided to take it right out of the PARK!  Julie has challenged us to color up an image and cut it up.  She used a grid, but in her description of the challenge, this is what she says.
Try different shapes! Have a little hexagon punch? Or how about a circle die? It's up to you!

I had a die that I wanted to try for this challenge, and I may have knocked this one too far out of the park as it is not a grid. But I had fun anyway and got a great card too.  Here is how I started.  

I just got the new digital stamp Flowering Branches.  I printed that our in Sea Glass card stock. 







I made it big so I could decide what part of the digi I would usefor this.


I used a layering die to cut a 5 1/4 X 4 panel from this digi.


Then I die cut the word die Beautiful from Die Namics from the digi;

I also cut the same die from gray cardstock.



This die has an outline of the letters.  I carefully laid the gray outline back into the spaces like a puzzle and then used the digital image cut-outs to put the letters back in.

Here is how it looks, this may be helpful to see what I am saying.
 I know that it is not a grid, but a good example of cutting up your image.  (Hint)  I placed everything in the card before I colored it.  That way if I didn't like it, I had not spent as much time on it. Surprisingly, it was easy to color after die cutting.

Don't forget to use up all of the digital image.  Here I colored up a bunch of berries and added them to the inside. 

I am entering this in the Creative Confetti Challenge Here
Thanks for stopping by and I do appreciate your thoughts. 

7 comments:

  1. You certainly knocked it out of the park and got a home run as well. This is so gorgeous and I love the inlaid sentiment with the design still intact. This is absolutely awesome! And I love the wonderful coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have knocked it out of the park, my friend. This is so stunning....that gray is perfect with the pink of the flowers. What an awesome way to use that die. Adding that little touch of gray here and there in the inlay is perfect. I am absolutely blown away by this!!! PINNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Barb! What a fun way to use that big beautiful die! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love how you used the "beautiful die". TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well first off is it SPECTACULAR....very beautiful! And secondly I think it is a clever take on a grid challenge! Very unique....I'll just look for this again in the Power Poppy Newsletter lol You my dear, are and artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your card looks amazing. I don’t know if I could create something this complicated... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cool and I am shocked that you colored it afterwards....or I miss understood which is totally possible too! You can do it all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete