Thursday, June 6, 2019

Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes!

Welcome to another great challenge here at Seize the Birthday!

    Our "Toppings" option this time is...


Just remember to keep it a birthday card. 
Surprise Party Guest

Her name is Lin and HERE is her blog Lin's Craft Corner.

Here is the card I made for your inspiration. 



On a base of watercolor paper, I placed a die cut from Penny Black called Antique Frames.  Ove the top of that, I stenciled a Quilted design from Kaiser Craft. Using the stamp and die from Gina K Designs, I watercolored the flowers and placed them on the front. I was channeling my best Karen Hightower who designs for Gina K and placed a black gingham bow there.  If you know Karen, she does amazing cards with these great bows. Lastly,  I place some Neuvo drops on the front.

I will be so excited to see what you will be doing for this challenge.  Be sure to check out the other designers on this amazing team at Seize the Birthday.


17 comments:

  1. OH WOW this is gorgeous Barb! What a lovely design and your coloring is FABULOUS! Nicely done my friend! Sure to bring a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabulous design. Ilove the background and the flowers are so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I could not decide between fabulous and gorgeous so I made up my own work.lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous colour of blue these pretty flowers are! Beautiful watercolouring. I am also really impressed by how perfect your Nuvo drops are! An altogether beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Barbara. I love your coloring of the flowers and the pretty stenciled background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful!!! I love how you have colored those flowers, and that cream background is perfect. Especially with the texture from the embossing. I like everything about this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow gorgeous blue peonies and a beautifully designed card!! Hey I saw where CAS watercolor challenge is something blue...anyhow I love this gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful design! Love the background die and stenciling and then those magnificent blossoms! A total WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card - great stenciled bg too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!! Love those blue flowers, wonderful watercoloring on them. Also love the die cut background with the quilted design, and the bow looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Love all of the gorgeous details topped by those amazing flowers, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hubby said yesterday that Barbara is such a great colorer and card maker and I couldn't agree more! Gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The petals look so airy! Beautifully colored blue flowers and gorgeous layout, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these beautiful blue blooms! Your design is fabulous with that gorgeous ribbon and I love how you stenciled the background panel! It all works beautifully together for a wonderful Birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely. I like the die cutting you did behind those beautiful flowers. The blue just pops off the cream card base too!!!

    ReplyDelete