Friday, July 5, 2019

Creative Confetti - Be Inspired!

It is good to be back in my craft room.  I spent part of the day yesterday making a couple of cards.  This one is for the Creative Challenge at Power Poppy.  It is a month long so you have plenty of time to join in.  It changes every week with a new challenge along the way. 
This week we are to be inspired by one of the blogs that showed us sneak peeks for the new release. 
I went right to the fun blog by Therese Calvird.  Here is her card example. 

I love how the flowers drifted over the paper and made the sentiment the main focal image. 
So here is what I was inspired to do. 
 For this card, I stamped just two of the images from the stamp set called Abundant Petals with GKD ink Soft Stone and then colored them with my Copic markers.  I took a lot of time to go back and add the shadows. I think that makes the leaves look real. The Sentiment is from Chrysanthemum XL. 
I used a die to cut my panel down and used a layer of brown to frame it.  Then on to a base of ivory card stock. I am trying to use up all of my ivory as I prefer white.  I am almost there. Inside you can see a thin strip of colored paper.  That was the border that I cut off when resizing my front panel  Never waste anything!  Lol 
Thanks for stopping in today and I so much appreciate your comments, each and every one.

9 comments:

  1. Well, this was time well spent! Love the softness around the sentiment and of course your coloring! Glad you enjoyed your day! see you soon!!!! Looking so forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW -- I absolutely love this soft look Barbara! Beautiful coloring and fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is amazing. Love the shadows in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring on your lovely card. The time you spent adding the shadows around the leaves was well worth it as it adds so much to the overall design. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is BEAUTIFUL!! Love the softness and you're right about the shadowing making the leaves look real.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your beautiful card. Such pretty colors. And, the shadows work magically on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is just spectacular!!!! Pussy Willows, right? This card is so sweet, and I can really tell that you spent some time on the shadows, makes those adorable pussies pop. Love that you used dark brown for you mat too, really picks up the brown of the stems. FABULOUS card, my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your card is amazing! Perfect colors and the movement you created looks fabulous! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is gorgeous and love how you've coloured these! Thanks for playing along with Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete