Friday, July 12, 2019

Creative Confetti - Christmas in July

The new challenge this week was pretty much expected as Power Poppy has a sale on Christmas stamps, some of which are being discontinued.  Better get the ones that you want now. 
  

Why not start a few Christmas cards now, always a good idea. 


 I have to tell you that this card started out waaaay different than originally planned.  I know that sometimes a project takes off with a mind of its own, but my goodness this was a 360.  The only thing that did make it to the end was keeping its pastel colors. 
Here is the finished card.  It plagued me to the very end as I could not photograph for true colors. The background panel is light green.  So with that explanation, here is my card.


I had an idea to do faux torn edges and after stamping and heat embossing the holly, that is what I started to do on white card stock.  I didn't like the stark contrast of that, so I sponged a lighter shade of blue over the whole darn thing.  Could not decide if I wanted it to remain a rectangle so then die cut a stitched circle. Now it is all or nothing.  This is where the light green panel came in as I wanted to use a blue base for the card.  You know, non-traditional Christmas colors.  Now for the sentiment.  It had to go on a stitched circle as anything else would look misplaced. It just needed something else, that is why you see the bow.  This picture does not show the Crystal Effects that are on the berries.  Quite nice in real life.  Too bad you could not all come to my house to see it, you will have to use your imagination. Well, that is enough of the long wind today.  I only used the Holly Golightly stamp set, one of my favorite Christmas sets, and stitched circle dies, and a die for the bow from MFT, But my craft room looks like a storm hit it.  I must go and clean it.
So thanks for stopping in to see and hear more of how I ended up with this one.

8 comments:

  1. Had to smile when I read your post. I have been there and done that so many times. You ended up with a really beautiful project so all is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this turned out beautifully. I think we have all been there with having a plan go awry, but it's usually a serendipitous event. I love your soft colors and the pretty white embossing on the holly. Also love your die cut backgrounds and how you have done it off center. Makes all the difference in the final look. Really, really pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a chuckle out of reading your post. That has happened to me many times. Love the finished product, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes what we envision does not always materialized but even so with your card you accomplished getting a great look. I think it is perfect and I like the lighter colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was making some Christmas cards today too! However, I do believe that no matter where this card started it came out way better than anything I came up with. I really love the soft mossy green and the sideways bow! I also love the soft vertical line on the blue...it really draws your eye into the beautiful holly! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! Love the colour combo and awesome design! Thanks so much for playing along with Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your frosted looking Holly and the Crystalized Berries, bet it looks even more amazing in real life, looks pretty darn fabulous from here! I find cards take me on their own road trip from time to time lol Too funny! This is a beautiful Holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, so soft and calming..love this!!

    ReplyDelete