Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Double D Challenge - Mason Jars




Here we are in the first week of August and Summer is in full swing.  Diane is our host for this two week challenge and she found lovely pictures of mason jars.  Boy does that bring back old memories. My mom did a lot of canning and I did too. Not as much or as long as she did.  I liked the more modern idea of going to the grocery store. Lol

They are all so pretty, but I wanted to use a die that I had never used before. 
Actually, I used a lot of stamps and dies on this one. 
My card is below. 


This is it! 
I caught lightning bugs but never a fairy to keep in a jar. 

Here are the supplies:

                                                               Gina K Designs Buds and Vases
                                                                Magnificent Mini Faires die 
                                                                Altenew, Adore You stamp 
                                                                Quilted stencil from Kaiser Craft
                                                                 Kat Scrapiness Slimline dies 



The prize for a random winner 

Our design team is the best and I am sure that you will get some inspiration Here



Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                                  






10 comments:

  1. Delightful! Those pretty fairies look happy to be flitting around in the mason jar. Love your gorgeous flower topper and the dimension on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet Barb! I used to catch fireflies too in my youth. Aaahhh the good ole' days when children played outside until sundown. How magical to think we could have been catching fairies. This is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. We used to catch fireflies (or lightning bugs) as we used to call them but was never lucky enough to catch a fairy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh how Magical! I love how you added the sweet fairies and that fabulous looking background! Topped with a very pretty flower. Penny would be chasing them all over the yard lol She comes soon and I already saved a jar to try and catch a few fireflies, I'll show her your beautiful card and I know she'll want to hunt for fairies too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH WOW this is so cool! Yep we spent many summer nights catching lightening bugs in a mason jar in my growing up years. But like you, never did catch that elusive fairy lol. Beautiful inspiration my friend! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Barb! This reminds me of my childhood! Love the replacement of a fairy instead of a lightning bug! Great slimline card! Love the subtle background too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little fairies in a jar and sponging a little light around them was genius. Cute, cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful jar of fairies! A lovely design and I think the lightening bugs were really fairies in disguise!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card. I used to catch fireflies too. So much fun on a sultry summer evening! I love your little fairies, they are a perfect take on the Mood Board. Super sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lucky to catch fairies in the jar! They must have been after the lovely flower at top of the jar. Love the background you used, it looks like it is quilted. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete