Thursday, April 13, 2023

Seize the Birthday #259 - Alcohol




Shirley is the host for this challenge.  She picked a topping that was a challenge for me.  
The challenge is not drinking alcohol, but making alcohol backgrounds. 
Of course, she said it could use inks or the drink too. I hope you at least try a topping! 


                                                  

Here are some of my out takes. I tried watercolor paper and glossy paper and finally changed up the stamp that I was using. That did the trick and I got one to use after 6 tries. 
I hope you are more successful. 

Here is my card. 




So hard to get the silver to photograph. 

After watching Jennifer make her alcohol backgrounds, I did mine with these inks and a homemade  felt pad. It worked. 
The  other supplies are: The Greetery Rubber background stamp Fond of Folidge
                                       Happy Birthday die from Simon Says
                                        Siver card stock from Gina K 


Our Surprise Party Guest is Hilary Wright Check out her cards and give her some love too. 

The rest of the team is here! 

Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                                






11 comments:

  1. Well done for persevering with your background. I love what you ended up with and I am sure it looks even better in real life with all that shine. Thank you for inviting me to the party xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I sense your dilemma lol Oh I love the 2 colors you picked for this, I would have chosen them too! I think all of your backgrounds came out beautifully and I do love your finished product! I must try this at some point! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, Barb and way to preserver! Love that you shared your out takes with us too! I can only imagine how sparkly this is in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you persevering, but any of those panels will work! Really can't go wrong with inked backgrounds :) -- Your final card is fabulous with the silver too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your finished product is gorgeous with the shiny silver background stamp! I definitely would not throw those other backgrounds away as I can imagine some pretty results there, too, even if you just use them for die cuts. I do love the greens and blues in the background you settled on. Nicely done, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you take the cake for the most attempts and persevering! And it paid off! I love your background

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I made it a challenge for you Barb! But I’m glad you persevered because the end result is so pretty, I bet it’s even prettier in real life with all that shine. And now you’ve got some backgrounds for your stash that will probably make great die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perserverance paid out for you. You created a lovely background for your silver leaves, Barbara. And I agree even if you don't like some of the backgrounds above, parts of them would make great die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your final result is a pretty card Barbara, and I'm sure those other backgrounds will come in handy for other projects. It's amazing how diecutting something changes the look :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! Lots of experiments!! :D But I'm sure you'll find a use for those unused pieces as well, at some point of time! The one that you've used for your card this time looks lovely. Perfect for the silver embossing - they look so cool! Great card, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you persevered to get this lovely card. The silver really shines on it.

    ReplyDelete