Thursday, July 27, 2023

STB #266 - Be Inspired by a Book

Glenda has chosen a topping for this challenge that i had so much fun working with. I am in two book clubs and knew right where I was going with this challenge. 
I can't wait to see your take on it. 


If you're not a toppings kinda person, well...you can just
stick with our usual "Anything Goes" Birthday!
The choice is yours!


Here is my card and the story behind the book that I have been inspired by. 



The book that I recently read was The Spoon Stealer by Lesley Crewe.  The main character steals spoons from places or occasions that mean something to her. It is kind of like scrapbooking to crafters. There is a lot more to this story and I have to say that I loved the book and would recommend it to anyone. 



I Looked for a digital image of spoons and found one and printed out several. After fussy cutting them, I colored them to look more realistic and made a card. The sentiment is computer generated. Here are the other supplies that I used. 
The Greetery Nordic frame and Hoop Wreath stamp and die
Simon Says Leaves and Berries background stamp
Clear Dew drops 

The rest of the team has some great cards for your inspiration. Check out the blog. 

Don't forget that your Surprise Party Guest is Izzy. 
You can find her Here

Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                               






14 comments:

  1. Your spoons look real and I love the design of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwowwow, Barb! I absolutely LOVE those fabulous spoons and great sentiment. This is pure creativity at work. Who would've thought spoons could look so beautiful on a card? The whole design is absolutely amazing to my eyes. Some cards just really grab me and this is one of them. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, LOVE this card!!! It's so unique and different, and all the elements are really beautiful. It's the perfect vintage card, I can't stop looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is amazing and your creativity really shines here. It fits perfectly with the book you have chosen as well. I love everything about the card. Someone says this card really grabs them and that is exactly how it is for me. WOW! You knocked it out of the park with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW ! I'm totally in love with your card, Barbara. What a beautiful creation and lovely design. This book looks fabulous and what a gorgeous tribute you gave to it with this card. Love the sentiment too ! So glad to be your Surprise Party Guest xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful background and I love the popped up panel! Those spoons look great and the greenery you added is the perfect touch! Those sentiments are wonderful--what a great set! Love this. I'll have to check out the book for my next vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, awesome vintage looking card featuring your realistic spoons and all of the lovely texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome inspired card - perfect "spoons" too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh!!! Thanks for the recommendation. I am also in two book clubs and tagged this one in my library app. Your card is absolutely amazing and very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara, now I am truly intrigued by this book and will have to give it a look, it sounds like an interesting plot! The card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card Barbara and I love the sentiment, such a creative design and I'm going to check out the book :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely card and love the story of the book. The sentiment is so perfect and I love the colours and details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This vintage card is so beautiful, Barbara, I love the monochromatic scheme. And the book sounds intriguing, I’ll have to look out for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love the way you've used the spoons on this card, Barbara, like they are part of some hanging decoration or something. Great find on the spoon image as well. Perfect matching background, frame and sentiment as well. You've really made this one phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete