Monday, September 2, 2024

A Cut Above - Monochromatic

               


        I have the pleasure of being a guest for this new challenge called
This is a new monthly challenge using dies. If you have lots of dies and love using them, this is the challenge for you. 




This month, the challenge is simply Monochromatic. 
Using one color maybe boring, but you can make it a lot more fun my using die cuts and don't forget the shading.

I am sure that Vicki would love to see you in this new challenge that she has decided to start. My hats off to her and I know that you will show her some love too. 

In my card below, I did just that and I think I got a lot of interest and texture using these tricks. I also used some foam squares to pop up some, but not all of the flowers.
I love how Gina k cardstock has matching inks and that made it easy to all dimension too. 


 
The supplies for this card are:
Gina K card stock in Sweet Mango, Tangerine Twist, Peach Bellini
Gina K inks, Tangerine Twist, Coral Reef
Spellbinders Fresh Picked Buttercup die
Penny Black Antique frame
Sentiment, Pinkfresh Hot foiled in gold
Gold Sequins from my stash
Wink of stella on the flowers

View of the texture

The inside


                  For more challenge details, check out the info under the                                                         guidelines tab at the top of the blog.


Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                                  






4 comments:

  1. That buttercup die is stunning! Love your all over orange design, it is fabulous! I don't use orange and purple enough, but I did for this gig lol Glad to be Guest Designing with you! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your monochromatic flowers in orange tones are gorgeous, Barb! The addition of the inked details adds just the perfect detail needed to make these pretty flowers stand out. Such a pretty card for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well look at you, all monochromatic and everything. I love the color you chose, and your design is gorgeous!! I have that antique frame die set and use it often. I love this, well done, oh fearless traveler!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is the most amazing monochromatic card! I love the dies you used. Who knew buttercups could look so stylish? Beautiful, Barb!

    ReplyDelete