Thursday, August 22, 2024

Seize the Birthday Challenge #290 - Retro

Hey! Crafty friends, it is time to create and there is a new challenge at Seize the Birthday hosted by Jules. She has suggested that we do a Retro project. You can make it vintage or retro color scheme or just old things. That is what I went with for this challenge. 

If you are not a toppings crafter, just make sure it is a birthday theme. But if you do, you have a chance to be a guest designer with us. 

Here is the card that I completed 


I really went to a very old and never used before stamp set from Flourishes! A company that is long gone! I was so glad that I still had this stamp set, but I had never used it before. It was called, Call Me!
I made it retro with my colors only using grays in ink and cardstock. After stamping the phone, I colored it with my Copic markers using only C7, C5, C3. 
Pumice Stone Distressed ink for the scrip in the background.
A few old things from my sash like twine and a brad. The sentiment is from GKD Wild Blossoms. 

Check out the blog for more inspiration from the team and our

Karen Rogers is our Surprise Party Guest for the next two months.
You can find her blog here https://karenstampz.blogspot.com/



Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                                   






13 comments:

  1. Oh, you clever girl. This just could NOT be any more retro.I love the color you chose, and that background is perfect. I love the postage stamp panel too!! Heck, I just love this whole thing, it's simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card. There’s times when I miss having an actual phone! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage vibe of this card, Barb. The colors really made this card shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! I also love this Vintage Vibe and the monochromatic flavor! I still have so many Flourishes sets--mostly illustrated by Marci of course! Love the wordy background and that die cut panel! Again, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooh, Barbara! I love the vintage colors, shading, and the way you've left a lighter color around the phone cord. Congrats on using your old stamp! LOL I thoroughly enjoy using my stash, and have actually culled it by 2/3 over the last 5 years! There are still virgins in my supplies crying out to be used. Wishing you a beautiful day!
    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog today. I appreciate it!
    Smiles and Crafty Hugs,
    Donna Ellis
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, this is amazing! I love your retro telephone, that is so cool you actually had it and it is with you and you could put together such a wonderful cards! Fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome take on the retro theme Barbara, love the old style telephone and how you've coloured it, it's perfect against the text background too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card with that vintage phone. The colors are perfect and I love the way you put it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. See? This is why we hoard. LOL! This is amazing and your background is so perfect. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara, what a fantastic vintage card with the old telephone which is colored so beautifully. Perfect for this challenge. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always thought this was the cutest set! I'm glad you finally used it and did it so beautifully. Perfectly vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous retro card, Barbara! I love the vintage phone and vintage colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great retro carb Barb! Love the monochromatic feel for it. Terrific embellishments & really like the postage stamp die cut for the main panel.

    ReplyDelete