Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Double D Challenge - Flowers of the month Jan - June

For this challenge at Double D this next two weeks, we have flowers of the month.  Diane is our hostess and you have the first six months of the year to pick from. Diane has given you some ideas.   As usual, I went to a favorite flower of mine that you do not see here.  But it does bloom in June.  I checked.  You may be surprised. 


Here is the card that I did. 

I did a slimline card too.  This is the beautiful stamp and die from Gina K. Colossal Cone Flower
 and I could not resist using it. 
That background is an embossing folder from Pink and Main called Plaid. The coneflower was 
water-colored and then die cut. I used the crossed stitched circle die for the sentiment and
 off set it for more interest. 




There is a prize for the random winner of this challenge. Doesn't it look like a coneflower? 

                                                 

Check out the rest of the team Here. 


Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                               






14 comments:

  1. Beautifully colored cone flower, I have them in my flower gardens here and they add so much pleasure, beautiful card Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Barbara. Your water colored coneflowers is amazing and perfect! The lattice background gives them a nice garden backdrop. Coneflowers are among my favorites in my gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! And one of my most favorites, makes the top 3! I love your pretty texture, it's great that you made this a slim line to show the colossoness of it all lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Barb! I too love cone flowers and have many planted around my house. Mainly purples (imagine that) but a few white as well. Your slimline design is just fabulous and showcases your beautifully colored coneflowers perfectly! Well done my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to try and enter this one. I love your cone flowers too. They are so pretty and a flower I used to have in my garden too when I was still able to do one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. It does look like a cone flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! Gorgeous blooms on a gorgeous backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Barb. Love the pretty flower you colored beautifully. It looks great on the plaid embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this gorgeous card! The background embossing is fantastic, but the shading and colors on those coneflowers is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful. I LOVE that embossed background. Even searched it out and got the 6x6 size. I'm gonna use it a lot. Your coloring is so pretty, I LOVE coneflowers, and I love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning coneflowers! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your embossing folders. They are really making a comeback and I think, like Judy I need this one. Your cone flowers are amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this barb! The coneflowers are lovely in purple and the background is super too! Love the way the sentiment is cut off! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete