Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Double D - Building



Darlene is the host for the next Double D Challenge.  Once again, it had me searching through my stamps and dies for something that I could use. I thought of a couple of things, but buildings are a tough one. I finally decided to use a very old stamp from Paper Trey Ink. It is called Autumn Hills.  It does have some buildings. 



Here is the finished card


It is simply stamped and colored with Copic markers and then placed in the windows of a die called Shadow box collection - celebrations. I cut it  from Kraft card stock. 
Then I added some Nuvo drops on the leaves for dimention. 


The prize for a random winner.


        Please visit the blog to see the great jobs for more inspiration from the design team. 


Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                                 






11 comments:

  1. Oh Barb this is just fabulous! LOVE your design and will have to keep it in mind. Maybe I should pin it for future inspiration ... thanks! Wishing you a wonderful day ahead! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Simple, classy and classic. I love the collage frame and different images that are all taken from the original scene. Overall great design and the coloring always leaves me speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be a challenge for sure as I have one house I can think of off the top of my head. I am so impressed that you had something with you for this challenge. You did a great job and my favorite part is the glossy leaves. Great card! Hope you are enjoying having the grands around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! Reminds me of a piece of art you would find in a Country Store. Love the rolling hills and pretty little homes! Love this neighborhood! Oh and those glossy leaves are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that shadow box look, and it looks like it was really fun to make. All your elements work so perfectly together, this is just FABULOUS!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! You picked the perfect stamp set for this challenge Barb and I love the idea of making it a shadow box card. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barb, you did good! I think this is fantastic! Love the stamps and the layout and the Nuvo drops on the leaves. What a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this card the minute I saw it...STUNNING!! What a prefect idea to make a shadowbox card, inspiring for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The devil is in the details like the added Nuvo drops. I love each little vignette. You always inspire me when you have to go searching for something to use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible project and most lovely colours here x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara, this is such a wonderful card. Love all the beautiful earthy colours and the beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete