Thursday, May 25, 2023

Seize the Birthday # 262 - Popped Up!

Are all of you Seize the Birthday crafters ready for the next challenge? 
Ashwini says....Make It Pop!




If you are not into toppings just make sure it is a birthday theme. But remember if you use the toppings you have a chance to be a designer with the rest of the team. 



Here are the cards that I did! Yes, there are two!


Look closely, do you see the wine glasses?


Supplies for this card are Paper Trey Ink Stamp and dies Uncorked
Sizzix EF Bricked
Gold Embossing Powder
Clear packaging


For this card MFT Gill Friends stamp and dies
DieNamics Stitched Rectangles
Pink Fresh nested arches die
Color my Life stencil Rays


I used the technique from Jennifer McGuire for this popped up card. 


We have  Bonnie Klass as our Surprise Party Guest for May and June!
The rest of the team has some great cards for your inspiration. Check out the blog. 

Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                                     






13 comments:

  1. These are both fabulous and I have both of those sets! The wine glasses were hard for me to spot lol I love the aged brick background--the whole creation reminds me of Italy! That inside sentimnet is so funny too! Your fishy card looks amazing! Love the 'pop' of it, that Jen M. knows what she is doing! I adore all of the little fishies, such a pretty array of colors! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not see the glasses at first and I am with Donna that greeting on the inside is hysterical. Love your take on the topping. As for card number 2, such a great underwater card I love the sunrays streaming down and of course the colorful fish. This certainly reminds me of my snorkeling time in Hawaii. Awesome take on the topping and thanks for going above and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I saw the glasses :) -- great popping card -- Love the fish card too - great dimension

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the glasses and I can hear the pop of the cork! Two terrific cards! So happy to be guesting with you and the team this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see the glasses until I read the comments. Two great takes on this topping. Popping the cork and the sweet little fishy scene. Fantastic cards, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 awesome cards Barbara, love the champers popping and the pop up fish, great takes on the pop theme, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's my favorite kind of pop, Barbara! I love how you've "hidden" those wine glasses in the background! And your popping fish are so bright and colorful! Love all that dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! I didn't see the wine glasses at all!! How awesome is that?!! And I absolutely love your 'fishy' popup card as well! Wow, you really made the most of this theme, Barbara - absolutely loving both your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara,at first I did not see the wine glasses, but then when you asked I looked harder...you are so creative, love that pop of fizz you have going on and that sentiment is a hoot! I also adore all your fishy elements on the second card, way to be an over achiever, but I get it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing says pop like a champagne cork, Barbara! I never saw the glasses, had to take a second look 👀. Love that fun sentiment, and also your second fishy card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm looking at your lovely card thinking "Why did I not think of that?" LOL! This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great way to make your card pop Barbara. It took a minute to spot the wine glasses but I did, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a brilliant card - perfect idea for the theme. Love the wine glasses and the gold accents.

    ReplyDelete