Wednesday, June 7, 2023

DD challenge - Lemons or Yellow as a focus


Diane has prepared this inspiration board for us this next challenge and I love it! So many ideas here, but I went right to the lemons. You see, I had a new die that was an orange slice, but could easily be made to look like a lemon slice. See what you think.

                                                      
Here is the card that I did for this challenge

Using some paper from my stash for a background, I die cut The Greetery die called dried citrus slices, Big Branches ruscus leaves, and crimped frame. I had that panel in my bits box and it is also The Greetery, Macrame Open work. The base is GKD Grass Green card stock and the took some liberties with the sentiment. It is from Cas-ual Friday stamp called Mon Ami. It read You're the Best and I changed it to ZEST. Get it? 
Inside, I used the other half of the lemon slice. 

The Prize for a random winner. 


Be sure to go to the blog for more inspiration from the team. You can find that HERE



Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                                






13 comments:

  1. Oh that die is absolutely perfect! Easy to change the citrus out! How realistic does the Greetery get? It is magnificent! Love that piece of die beneath as well, I was going to call it the 'shutter' accent--like the ones in tropical climates! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular, Barbara! Those lemons couldn't look more real without being real. The dimension and coloring is spot on as always. I seriously love that macrame die. That plaid paper is just fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! There are so many things I love about your creation! First is the background ... just perfect for those yummy lemon slices! Then the inside ... how create and absolutely beautiful! Thanks for always inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the plaid, Love the "lemon slices", love the inside. Seriously there's nothing I don't love about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, I've spent endless time over many visits admiring your card. The dies, of course, are amazing and now I learn they're orange slices which would be awesome, too. Either way, but really perfect as lemons. The leaves are ideal with them. Love the green plaid with crimped frame. It looks like there's a texture to your plaid paper, but I don't see it on the inside pic so wondering if you embossed it. Now, that sentiment -- you are way too clever with that! I looked up the stamp set and I cannot imagine how you managed to change it so perfectly. From the get go I was thinking what a cute sentiment it is with the lemons. I guess you can tell I LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great minds think alike with the lemons, fabulous texture and marvelous design x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is just as sweet as can be Barb! How on earth did you alter the sentiment so perfectly? I'm blown away by your creative genius. I do love these citrus slices from The Greetery. You've layered this card up perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulously created card, I have had that orange slice on my wish list since it came out last year, now I really have to have it. I love everything about this card, the plaid background is perfect and the sentiment is very clever, awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, LOVE this!! Had to go look at that die set....it's so stinkin' realistic! You turned it into perfect lemons, and I really like the "dried" look. You colored them perfectly and the leaves are perfect too. The plaid background really adds to the charm of this card, I CANNOT stop looking at it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty, fresh card! Those lemon slices look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When life gives you oranges make lemons 👍
    Clever and wonderfully designed card. I really must try stamping on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card , SUPER
    Greetz Epie

    ReplyDelete