Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Double D Challenge - The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors 
 Anything to do with the outdoors
think canoeing, camping, traveling, gardening, fishing, etc.

Diane has put together a great inspiration board for you on this challenge. 
                                                   
I was thinking about when we would camp out in our Volkswagen camper, and I produced this card. 



It is also the very first time that I have used this stamp!
I began with a watercolor paper base card. I swished some watercolor on the front to represent the sky and grass. That was easy and fun. While it was drying, I stamped the images from Art Impressions Retired, colored them and fussy cut them out. Isn't that dog cute? We did not have a dog when we camped. Also, funny that we camped when we were young and didn't have much money, after retirement, we up our travel plans a bit. Lol 

Here is the prize for a random winner.  Good Luck! 


Be sure to visit the challenge blog to see what the team members did too. 

Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                             






7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness ... your outdoors camping scene is awesome! Love the little dog and the sentiment is so fitting! Another amazing DT project to inspire us all! Well done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorably CUTE, what a great and fun pup!! Yep, our camping days are long over, Greg refused as he said he spent enough time camping in the army, not tents for him LOL, anyhow, it is a fabulous inspiration DT card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So FUN! And another walk down memory lane! I adore that sweet little pup and your cute little camper. Funny little sentiment too! We grew up camping, family with 4 kids, no other way to have a vacation. But, we were in tents, never in such a luxurious camper LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stinkin' cute and true! Beautiful water colors. Love that devoted puppy dog that looks like he's waiting for his treat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card! A super fun scene with a great background and arrangement. Our motorhome is our step up from the old days and I still love camping. Just with more comfort these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I would say you "upped" your travel plans a bit....lol. This is so stinkin' cute, you have colored the "retiree" perfectly, along with his cute pal. I, too, have so many memories of camping. From tent, to pop-up, to fifth wheel, and now to pop-up again. There's nothing like it, is there??

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute Barb! That sentiment speaks to the way I feel!! The little dog is adorable too. We had a dachshund when I was young and I loved her so much. She sat up on her hind legs, just like this one on your card. Such a fabulous card for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete