Thursday, August 8, 2024

STB #289 - Cute Critters

JoAnn is the hostess for this next challenge, and she has chosen Cute Critters for the topping. Of Course, If you are not into toppings, just make sure it is a birthday theme. We all need those birthday cards. 

Here is the card that I did for this challenge.



Supplies: Penny Black Bear-y Wishes stamp. The balloons are Pink Fresh washi tape which has been die cut. I popped out some of them for dimension. I used an EF from Sizzix and sponged it with
 blue ink.  Gina K designs Master layouts 1
The sentiment is from the same stamp set. 



Here is a better look at how I gave some dimension to some of the balloons. 

Make sure that you go to the team blog team blog to see the inspiration that they provide for you. 

Karen Rogers is our Surprise Party Guest for the next two months.
You can find her blog here https://karenstampz.blogspot.com/


Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                                  






14 comments:

  1. I love this birthday bear carrying a big balloon bouquet! I have that Washi tape, so I appreciate the idea for a design using them! And I love the background, too! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card with that cute bear and his one candle and balloon bouquet. Great idea to use that balloon Washi tape, The inked and embossed background looks perfect with the theme. Glad you had fun with this "Topping" option..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, your sweet bear is just so cute with the bunch of balloons behind him. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORBS! That bear is the cutest! Such a great design too with the pretty washi tape balloons and that fantastic colored texture! FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, this is fabulous!! I have that balloon washi too...what a clever way to use it! thanks for the idea!! Love your bear, your coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bear is SO CUTE! Your coloring is awesome also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello birthday sis! This bear is so gosh darn cute I just want to hold him and snuggle him. Super fun background and card! Hope you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute bear! Love all of the dimension in the balloons and background in this adorable card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Barbara those balloons look amazing behind the bear. I've just discovered PFS washi lately and love it - what an adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, this bear in all his different poses is one of my favorite critters of all time! He looks fabulous with the washi balloons and embossed background. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, this card just makes me smile!! That little bear is so stinkin' CUTE!! I absolutely adore him, and you have colored him perfectly. The balloons are WONDERFUL too, I could not tell they were washi. I think your embossed background really makes the whole thing pop. I love the texture. Such a cute creation!! XO~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super-cute card, Barbara! The bear is gorgeous, and I love the washi balloons 🎈

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, so adorable!! That bear is just too cute!! I love the extra dimension you've given it. I also love the pastel like balloons and that great colored embossing in the background. Really fun card Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super cute! Love your colouring and the textured background is terrific.

    ReplyDelete